On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Oxford at Estonia Apartments in San Antonio, Texas encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
Thinking about dinner tonight? Perhaps, you were considering a burger, but wanted to branch out beyond your typical patty. Whether you’re just burnt out on ground beef or in the mood to switch up your weekly meal planning repertoire, it never hurts to put a spin on an old favorite with this recipe for Salmon Burgers. Not only are they delicious, but the salmon is also rich in antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and minerals. So, enjoy the ultimate, restaurant-worthy meal with the delectable recipe below!
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless salmon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cut the salmon into large chunks and put about a quarter of it into a food processor, along with the mustard. Turn the machine on, and let it run until the mixture becomes pasty.
- Add the shallots and the remaining salmon and pulse the machine on and off until the fish is chopped and well combined with the puree. No piece should be larger than a 1/4 inch or so; be careful not make the mixture too fine.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, and by hand, stir in the breadcrumbs, capers and some salt and pepper. Shape into four burgers.
- Place the butter or oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. When the butter foam subsides or the oil is hot, cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning once.
- Serve on a bed of greens or on buns or by themselves with lemon wedges.